Upgrading your home's energy efficiency will save you money almost everyday, however you may also be eligible to put some cash back in your pocket from special tax credits, manufacturers rebates, coupons and product discounts. Going green isn't just good for the environment, it can be good for your wallet too.
Qualifying products are eligible for a tax credit of 10% of the cost, up to $500 in total during the 2011 tax year. $500 is the maximum combined total amount that can be claimed for all purchases of qualifying energy efficient products placed in service during this period and is subject to reduction in the amount of Section 25C tax credits taken in prior years. The tax credit for 2011 is subject to a lifetime limitation of $500 and a reduction for the amount of Section 25C credits taken in prior years. American Energy Solutions is not a tax advisor. Consult a tax professional regarding your individual tax situation and ability to claim a tax credit related to the purchase of qualifying energy saving products.
Worried about upfront costs? In addition to accepting all major credit cards, we can also offer financing options. Contact us online for more information about how we can meet your financing needs.
1. Purchase any qualifying energy-efficient Hunter Douglas products within the following collections:
Alustra® Duette® Architella® honeycomb shades with certain fabrics and options* Duette® Architella® honeycomb shades with certain fabrics and options* LiteRise® TrimKit (for use on certain Duette® and Applause® honeycomb shades)*
2. Save your original purchase receipts for the amount paid for the qualifying Hunter Douglas products. (Measuring and Installation charges are not eligible for this tax credit.)
3. Download the Hunter Douglas Manufacturer's Certification Statements (available below). Print out the certificate and take it along with your sales receipt to your tax professional to determine your eligibility for this tax credit.
Tax credits for window films are based on the climate zone you live in and the type of window films you are installing. You can get full information about the process for getting your tax rebate from the pdf below.
A radiant barrier insulation product to qualifies for a tax credit if it meets the following conditions:
1. It is primary installed for insulation
2. It is installed or "placed in service" between January 1 and December 31, 2011.
3. Installation or labor costs are not eligible for the tax credit: only the cost of the insulation itself may be deducted.
4. It must be installed on the taxpayers principal residence.
5. The product must have a life expectancy of 5 years OR have a 2 year warranty.
To claim your credit, you will need your receipt and the Manufacturer's Certification Statement for 2011.
Advanced Energy Solutions ~ © Copyright 2011, All Rights Reserved.